• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1/2 pound mushrooms, wiped clean, trimmed and sliced
• 1 to 2 garlic cloves (to taste), minced
• 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
• 1 pound baby spinach, rinsed but not dried; or 2 pounds bunch spinach, stemmed and rinsed but not dried, and coarsely chopped
1. Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large, heavy skillet, and add the mushrooms.
2. Cook, stirring, until seared and beginning to sweat, about five minutes.
3. Turn the heat to medium, and add the garlic, thyme, salt and pepper.
4. Stir together for another minute or two until the mushrooms are tender.
5. Add the spinach, and stir until wilted, about two minutes.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and remove from the heat.
7. Serve hot or warm.
Recipe source: The New York Times